Re: [DL]

On Wednesday, March 13, 2002, at 11:28  AM, Reemull wrote:
> Heh, I ripped off BtiLC as well.  My group sent their martial artist
> (who has no social skills at all) into Chinatown to get some
> information.  Getting nowhere even after he resorts to violence the
> martial artist leaves grumpily (they had nothing to tell).  Meanwhile
> the rest of the group while walking down the street - see what seems to
> be lightning crackle in a side alley and a chinese gentleman with a
> wide brimmed basket hat walks out.  He had a quiet word about them
> keeping their martial artist on a shorter leash and then walked on.  It
> was the first time I've seen my group be respectful towards an NPC
> without testing his combat capabilities first.  It's amazing what some
> special effects and a picture printed off the internet can do ;-)

Always good to inspire fear without requiring combat. My players tend to
push it unless I'm painfully obvious, although the MiBD do inspire fear!
I may have to work up some characters for that segment of the campaign
to represent the occult underworld of Shan Fan.

--
Brett

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER
MAN? (Reaper Man, Terry Pratchett)