Re: [DL] Range Wars/Great Rail Wars

On Wednesday, March 13, 2002, at 02:27  AM, Richard A Ranallo wrote:
> You theoretically could play with that few figures, but I wouldn't
> reccommend it.  500 point games are the norm.  Depending on the army you
> pick, that can be any number of figures.  Wasatch is probably the
> cheapest army to play, dollar-wise, because Automatons cost so many
> points you can't really afford too many.  Playing Iron Dragon is only
> wise if you've got a lot of money to burn.  All of their troops are
> dirt-cheap, and thus you've got to buy a lot of figures.  I don't think
> this is a deliberate money-making scam on PEGs part (if it was, they'd
> be
> able to keep the minis in stock more).  The seven factions actually
> provide just about everyone with an army that can suit their playing
> style.

Sounds like the starter sets provide a 'base' much like the 40k base
army boxes (but without the pitfalls, but that's another story). Each
PEG starter has two or three squads and a handfull of special
charcaters, as far as I can tell.

The WGW deals are pretty nifty.

--
Brett

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER
MAN? (Reaper Man, Terry Pratchett)