[DL] The Eulogy - A Central Site for Deadlands Marshals

Well, I was going to wait a while longer before
announcing this, but what the heck.

Since many of us have mentioned that we’re
specifically looking for this kind of thing, and since
I have more adventure ideas than I can use in my
PBeMs, I’ve been thinking for some time about setting
up a generic, fan-based site that would take in
people’s adventure ideas, mad science gizmos, etc etc.
The letters of the past few days have convinced me to
do so.

The Final Eulogy is set up at
http://www.gamesgroove.com/ivan/eulogy/index.html.
There are a few points I’d like to make, though, if I
may?

First, while I’m happy to accept submissions, and
while (ideally) I want this to be a centralized site
for all of us, I’d rather get submissions from the
creator of an idea than from a third-party source. The
creators deserve credit, and they deserve to be the
ones deciding where to put these fantastic ideas.

Secondly, I want this to be comprehensive in terms of
other fan sites. The rings seem to be dead, and
finding pages can be difficult. I’ve alphabetically
linked to everyone’s homepage that I’m aware of in the
Links Archive, and if I missed you, PLEASE let me
know. I’ll remedy the situation in the next update.

Third, I’m definitely not setting myself up in
competition to Shane and the Pinnacle folks. If they
think the premise is too close to the Epitaph for
comfort, or they don’t want these things to be made
available, then they come down as soon as I hear about
it with a big apology. Now, I don’t expect that to
happen. But I want to be as legit as possible with
this site since, as I say, I’d like for it to be a
good place for all of us to post and find ideas.

Fourth, it works in both Netscape and IE. It looks
better in IE because of stylesheet issues, but
Netscape will work.

Finally – and this is the big one – this is a hobby
for me, both Deadlands and designing/updating website.
I don’t get money for it, I don’t ask for money for
it. As a result, the once a week update schedule is
only a theory. If I don’t get to it that day, I’ll get
to it later. If I don’t update for a full week, I’m
probably either on vacation or really busy at work.
Writing me to kvetch about my schedule will not have
any beneficial effect on the timing of updates.

So! I hope you all enjoy it, or at least find
something you can use. I’ve put a good deal of work
into it and would love to get your feedback and
submissions.

Best wishes to all –
Ivan
http://www.gamesgroove.com/ivan/eulogy/index.html