RE: Re: [DL] bursts per action [MUNCHKINS]

Actually not, a machine gun has only a fraction of the recoil of a comprable gatling weapon.  For comparison the WWII corsair had 6 .50 machine guns which were later replaced with 4 M-3 20MM cannon so assume that 2 20mm are equal to 3 .50 cal.  The M-3 had a rof of 700 rounds per minute.  So an M-3 is equivilant in energy to say 1050 .50 rounds.  The gatling version of an M-3 is the vulcan, which had varients between 1,500 and 6,000 rounds per minute.  This equates to a recoil energy equal to 2,750 to 9,000 rounds per minute of .50 caliber fire. The M-2 with a cyclic rof of 550 rounds per minute does not compare, even after calculating out the extra mass of the gatling.  I don't know that I would call the 44 pound tripod for the M-2 flimsy either though.

From personal exerience though, machine guns and gatlings feel different, though both are a hoot to fire.  Machine guns are a LOT easier to clean though.

g'day
kevin jameson

<snio>