Re: [DL] DeadLands d20 ... love it? hate it?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Guild Mistress" <guildmistress@mybc.com>
Date: Friday, March 22, 2002 2:44 pm
Subject: [DL] DeadLands d20 ... love it? hate it?

> Hi all, I'm new to the group. So I'll apologize if this topic has been
> brought up before.
>
> I've played DnD for a long time. When 3e came out and the system moved
> to d20 I really fell for it. It made sense and worked out great
> for the
> game.
>
> But I think it was a bad move for DeadLands. d20 is not the end
> all be
> all for every game out there. God that would be so boring in my
> opinion.
> I was really sad to see DeadLands take that turn. I did give it a try
> though and bought the d20 books, read them and then packed them away.
>
> Long 'Live' DeadLands the 'poker' style 2nd edition.
> ---
> the GuildMistress

Okay noone panic I promise not to flame the list again :). Anyway I
think it is very important for people to have a way that they can play
all their favorite games without having to learn 20 new systems to do
it. IMHO deadlands is great because of the people who wrote the stories
that make up the world that we all love to play in. Dr. Hellstromme is
still just as cold and calculating, and Grimme is still the creepiest
guy in California. I only speak as a firm advocate of this cause
because everyone here loves those things. I was raised on original
Deadlands back in 1999, and I loved it. This didnt stop me from running
and loving D20. Yes I miss the cards, but I have been working on a way
to incorporate those into the game. Remember in d20 the most important
information is that they make GUIDES, not rules. So you tweak here and
tuck there and pretty soon you have two groups a week who are fiending
to play in your Deadlands game. The proof as they say is in the
pudding. I want to say welcome, and I want to say thank you for playing
the game even if it didnt suit you as well as original. But I assure
you my group still feels the pain of a Backlash, and the wonder of a
physically impossible invention of new science. If you have any d20
Deadlands related questions I would be happy to answer them 8). Hope
you enjoy the discussions here.

Marshall Kevin Stoner