Re: [DL] DeadLands d20 ... love it? hate it?

> From: "Guild Mistress" <guildmistress@mybc.com>
>
> Hi all, I'm new to the group. So I'll apologize if this topic has been
> brought up before.
>
> I've played DnD for a long time. When 3e came out and the system moved
> to d20 I really fell for it. It made sense and worked out great for the
> game.
>
> But I think it was a bad move for DeadLands. d20 is not the end all be
> all for every game out there. God that would be so boring in my opinion.
>
> I was really sad to see DeadLands take that turn. I did give it a try
> though and bought the d20 books, read them and then packed them away.
>
> Long 'Live' DeadLands the 'poker' style 2nd edition.

Greetings and welcome!

While I personally have no interest in Deadlands d20, from a business
perspective it seems pretty sound.  As Lord Jobe mentioned, people can no
longer complain about the system because it's the one they chose!  Not
getting on the d20 band wagon would have been a bad thing in my opinion for
PEG.  Being part of something as popular as d20 gets your product exposure.
At some point, the possibility of d20/Gurps/etal. players checking out the
original increases because of the introduction through a familiar system.
While some folks won't want to buy an entirely new system, some might.  And
either way PEG gets paid.

So to truly answer your question: neither.  I've no interest in it.

Derek