Re: [DL] hate DeadLands d20 ... love HOL

> Well, unlike a lot of joke games, you can actually PLAY HoL, too.  You've
> got to have a good handle on making funny from being serious, but it's a
> great game.
> Oh, and I'm glad they didn't have character creation rules in the book;
> very few players could've come up with characters as cool as the ones
> given.

I loved the creation system they had in Buttery Wholesomeness. With their
chart system you could end up with a blind Green Lantern-ish character
obsessed with blowing things up and then you could end up on the Cornholed
by God chart (chart Z, IIRC) where, if you roll a 1, it says "God, in going
over his books, finds better uses for skin that to hold your sorry ass
together. Dead and done."

You can't beat that or landing on chart Y (Blessed by the Almighty) in which
you can find God's wallet.  He has infinite cash and two credit cards (JC
Penney's and Amex Corporate).

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times