Re: [DL] Fantasy D20

> [snip]
> > >but as time has gone on, I've come to a conclusion: d20 works
> > >wonderfully for Fantasy, but lacks for most any other genre.
> >
> >I have to disagree - at least the part about working for fantasy.
> >
> >Very few fantasy novels I know of allow the hero to get away with being
> >stabbed 19 times with a sword, and if he ever was stabbed with a sword - it
> >slowed him down and hurt his ability to do things, and it slowed him down
> >right away.
> [snip]
>
> Getting off topic, I always figured the Hit Points in D&D were a way of
> factoring in skill to avoid damage, not being more resistant to damage.  In
> other words, a 1st level player with 8 hit points can be killed with one hit
> because he ain't smart enough to dodge out of the way, but a 14th level
> player with say, 110 hit points can be hit a lot more times because all
> those 7 points of damage, or 5 points of damage are actually him dodging,
> but getting slightly nicked or bruised.  At any rate, this is off DL topic,
> so I'll shut up....
>
> Jeff S

So a high number of Hit Points are kind of like automatic Fate Chips that enable you to avoid death, whereas another character (with fewer HP/less Fate Chips) would fall.

Yes? (And see how I worked a Deadlands connection back into it?)

Derek D. Bass
--

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Win the Ultimate Hawaiian Experience from Travelocity.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4018363;6991039;n?http://svc.travelocity.com/promos/winhawaii/