[DL] Fantasy D20

[snip]
> >but as time has gone on, I've come to a conclusion: d20 works
> >wonderfully for Fantasy, but lacks for most any other genre.
>
>I have to disagree - at least the part about working for fantasy.
>
>Very few fantasy novels I know of allow the hero to get away with being
>stabbed 19 times with a sword, and if he ever was stabbed with a sword - it
>slowed him down and hurt his ability to do things, and it slowed him down
>right away.
[snip]

Getting off topic, I always figured the Hit Points in D&D were a way of
factoring in skill to avoid damage, not being more resistant to damage.  In
other words, a 1st level player with 8 hit points can be killed with one hit
because he ain't smart enough to dodge out of the way, but a 14th level
player with say, 110 hit points can be hit a lot more times because all
those 7 points of damage, or 5 points of damage are actually him dodging,
but getting slightly nicked or bruised.  At any rate, this is off DL topic,
so I'll shut up....

Jeff S