Re: [DL] hate DeadLands d20 ... love HOL (getting OT)

On Wednesday, March 27, 2002, at 05:20  PM, Grand Master Nilus of the
Dark Angel Chapter wrote:

>> p.s.- a know someone who likened d20 to chemical
>> warfare for rpgs, like a virus it spread to almost
>> every independent company and just helped WOTC's sales
>> of PHBs and DMGs
>>
> Actually from what I here. At Charging only 20 bucks a book.  WOTC
> actually was losing a buck or two on the sale of every PHB, DMG, and
> MM.  This is entirely possible since they made there money back selling
> tiny little soft cover Prestige Class Crack books to Fan boys.

That's why the price is now $30. Basically, the plan was to flood the
market so almost every gamer has a PHB at least, and now they can charge
more for replacements/the chunk that don't, etc.

--
Brett

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER
MAN? (Reaper Man, Terry Pratchett)