[DL] Maps of USA

does anybody know an online resource where I can find useful [1] maps of the
USA?
Or what would be a good atlas? I don't need a roadmap, I'd prefer something
like an atlas that you would give a kid to learn about the 50 states and the
like.
What I need are maps of the states, with topographics (rivers, mountains),
and cities.

We - ie our gaming group - come from Austria, Europe. Now we have a fairly
good idea where Lost Angels might be, and where New York is. But I'd like to
include the War more into our campaign, and if I just tell them "Hey, boys,
there's a battle going on down in Manassas", they won't have any idea where
the heck this Manassas is.

Any help appreciated.

Markus
--
[1] That means big enough to be able to print them out and still read the
city-names and stuff, but small enough that it features only a state or two