Re: [DL] Fantasy D20

 >Nope. Vitality Points are what you describe.
 >The best description of hit points I've found is in the World Tree game.
Hit points are how strongly >your
 >spirit is tied to your body. It isn't realistic, but it explains how a
level 20 Fighter can fall, hit the
 >ground at terminal velocity, get up, dust himself off, wax a pack of
nearby ogres, and still have half >his
 >hit points left.
 >This is the explanation I use for hit points since it works.

Barring, of course, the fact that the strongest willed (sorcerers, wizards)
and most spiritual (clerics, druids) are far less capable of taking damage
than your average stick jock and barbarian.

That and Wisdom doesn't add to hit points.

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

"Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so."
                 - Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)