Re: [DL] The Munchkin Twins

>So, anyone else heard of the crossed rifle scabbard deal? I thought
>a rifle scabbard attached to a saddle.

Rifle scabbards are varied. Some fit on a saddle, other have been modified
in the past and present to fit on a man's back. When the Indians got
their hands on white man's "fire stick", as it was, they were some of
the first to strap the weapon on their back, as they had done with their
bows.

Many ways it can be done. A scabbard can be fitted with shoulder straps.
Or there are also modifications on what is know as a Gun Sock and a Gun
Sack. I don't have a link to show you ... but hey "trust me" *wink* ...
though if you remember the movie, Romancing the Stone, the main hero
guy, had his sawed off on his back, as have many others.
Hell when in the military rifles came with shoulder straps even. Isn't
that hard to take some leather and tie it to the barrel and stock either.

>How about speed loaders? What exactly are these things? I know what
>a contemporary speed loader is, but that only works with a revolver
>that can be broken in half when opened. Did all western guns break >open
like that?

Ah speed loaders ...
This small, simple device is sized to match the shooter's revolver.
It houses an identical number of cartridges, held in an alignment which
perfectly mirrors the chambers of the revolver's cylinder.
The task of loading the empty revolver is accomplished quickly and easily
by inserting the preloaded bullets within the speedloader into the chambers
of the revolver with one motion.  Turning the retaining knob on the speed
loader releases the bullets.  The revolver cylinder is then pressed back
into position and the gun is ready to fire.
Extra speed loaders are carried as belt accessories.

Here is a link to show you what a speed loader looks like:
http://www.speedloaders.com/product.htm

>Other than the listing in the gear section, are there other citations
>of rules for using a speed loader?

It takes one action to remove and load a speed loader as I recall.

>Not the speed load ability, but a speed loader. I know that with some
>cap and ball revolvers dudes used to carry an extra cylinder or two.
>Is this a speed loader?

No that's not a speed loader. Not sure what that is, if wnything.
Hope that helps.
---
the GuildMistress

FREE voicemail, email and fax, all in one place.  Sign Up Now! http://www.mybc.com