[DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20020405-2

>Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 17:00:54 -0600
>From: zacharin@pluto.dsu.edu
>Subject: Re: [DL] Dynamite
>
> > Nasty Nick, Nasty.
> >
> > I understood it the damage was rolled totally and the amount of damage
>was
> > converted into wounds. Then you assign the wounds to the locations
>randomly.
> >
> > Dom, You will find the rules for massive damage on page 135 of the
>players
> > guide.
>
>Well, the rules I mentioned are the NEW rules for massive damage, as put
>forth in The Agency: Men in Black Dusters and Hell on Earth's Iron Oasis.
>The problem before was that sometimes people would end up with "Wile E.
>Coyote explosions" where you could literally drop a stick of dynamite at
>your fett, blow some Fate Chips, and walk away unscathed while everyone
>around you was seriously injured or dead. There's no more of that under the
>new rules unless people are VERY lucky!
>
>Nick Zachariasen
>Editor Emeritus
>Trojan Times

This is what I encountered. I couldn't find the rules at the last minute and
used the player's version instead. Two sticks of dynamite at the feet of the
gunslinger in his armoured duster resulted in 4 wounds. Sure he was stunned
and blown across the room, but really it was only a few chips. Not that I'm
trying to kill them, but it's nice to have the party scared once in a while
that they can die.

Spoiler!

Later this same gunslinger went toe to toe with the butcher, called shots to
the Butcher's weekness every card and hitting! I threw all the modifiers at
him for range weapons in hand to hand, plus the negative given in the
adventure and through 4 rounds of combat he missed three times. Luckily I
had a pack of chips that kept the butcher going.