Re: [DL] Mad Scientists' Inspiration *spoilers*

I appreciate the opinions I'm getting, but I think I didn't sufficiently explain the heart of my questions. I'll try again. BTW, I know that the Mad Scientists think they're doing it all themselves, as opposed to having Casper the Friendly Manitou walk in with blueprints under his arm. :)

Does the manitou limit what the MS can invent? (It doesn't seem so, since there's a device to make intangible creatures solid, the Ectoplasmic Calcifier, which would seem to be a tool against ghostly abominations.)

Does it choose what the MS is inspired to create? (Does it come and whisper, "Flamethrower...", or does it simply provide the "Inspiration" for whatever device the MS himself conceives?)

Finally (for now), does the Manitou inspire an actual device, or simply a piece? (An example: would the Manitou only inspire the entire steam wagon, or could it simply inspire the Infernal Combustion engine, the basis for the wagon?)

Thanks again for all the responses, and sorry I wasn't clearer initially...

Derek

--

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Looking for old school, college, work or military friends? Go to Classmates now!
http://www.classmates.com/index.tf?s=6010