Re: [DL] Mad Scientists' Inspiration *spoilers*

> >Does the manitou limit what the MS can invent? (It doesn't seem so, since
> >there's a device to make intangible creatures solid, the Ectoplasmic
> >Calcifier, which would seem to be a tool against ghostly abominations.)
> >

> The Manitou give the MS there ideas for one Reason.  They want them to build
> something very specific.
> .
> .
> .
> .
> This is Official Hell On Earth Litany
>
> The Manitou want MS to adavance Ghost Rock Related Technology to the point
> where some moron build an Irradiated Ghost Rock Bomb(That idiot turns out to
> be Hellstrome).  The Reason is simple,  These bombs, when dropped on a city,
> instantely cause it to become a Deadland(Max Fear Level).  It essential
> Terraforms Earth into an ideal place for the Reckoners to live.
>
> The proof of this statement is that the moment Hellstrome Invented the
> G-Bomb, All Mad science inspiration stopped.

Really? Wow, now I really need to pick up HoE! (I'll add it to the list... :) )

This in itself answers some of my other questions as well, by logically deducing a couple of things. If the Manitou want a MS to build a G-bomb, and keep throwing Inspiration at all MSs until one of them builds it, this says: 1) Manitou do NOT suggest specific devices; otherwise they'd just whisper "G-bomb" to every MS until one built it. 2) Manitou do NOT suggest specific technologies/advances; otherwise, as above, they'd just keep suggesting G-bomb-related ideas to MSs until one built it (and I doubt the G-bomb was built out of a modified flapjack machine :) ).

It seems to me that this suggests that a Manitou drops a bucket of Inspiration (for lack of a better phrase) on a MS, hoping that, THIS time, he'll invent the G-bomb (or something leading to it).

Does this sound reasonable? I must admit, I like this idea far better than simply having the Manitou tell the MS what to build. It has the added attraction of the MS dooming humanity out of his own ingenuity.

Derek D. Bass
Etheric Musings - The Science of the Sons of Ether
http://www.steamenginechaos.com/mage/ether.htm
--

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Looking for old school, college, work or military friends? Go to Classmates now!
http://www.classmates.com/index.tf?s=6010