AW: [DL] keeping players alive

> New to the list, new to the game, but I love the whole idea of it and have
> really enjoyed the sourcebooks immensely.

Welcome!

> However, what the books do not address and I havent seen on any Deadlands
> websites is suggestions on how a Marshal can keep his or her players alive!

Cheat, when you roll your dice, in favor of the posse.

> Because this game is going to be new to my players as well, and being used
> to d&d someone is gonna ask me why cant they just west plate or chainmail
> and sweat it out?

Well, let them. Apply penalties to Nimbleness, Quickness and Deftness, have them roll Vigor for the heat, let others make fun of them, or let villains aim for the head, arms, legs, whichever area is not covered.

But I never found a problem with any new DL-player. Everyone went for the "western-feel", so heavy armor was out of the question.

Also, nobody produces chain mail or any other typical medieval armor. So it's hard to get and very expensive.

But if they want to run around like the Knight of La Mancha, let 'em. And have fun with all the cowpokes who take a shot at them for fun - for "there can't really happen anything to him". and then wait for the tragic accident.

Markus