[DL] Re: [HOE] Introduction and Unity Question [Shane]

In a message dated 4/17/2002 2:12:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time, corinm@shaw.ca writes:

SPOILER SPACE

I'm a bit confused about the date of the Harvest and the equivalent dates between LC/HOE and Weird West.  On page 5 it says that the Harvest takes place on January 1st 2096.  On page 80 in the Hell Hole Redux, it says the Battle of Junkyard (which I'm assuming is the same thing) takes place on the evening of December 31st 2096 and that this lines up with December 31st, 1878.  That fits with what is written in Fortress of Fear which says that 1876 and 2094 are connected, meaning that 1878 and 2096 are connected.  So is the Harvest on January 1st 2096 or 2097?  If it happens on January 1st 2096, does this mean that HOE/LC is a year behind WW?  I know it's not all that important, but I'm just wondering.

Corin

It is important--thanks for picking up on that. The Battle of Junkyard takes place on 12/31/96, meaning that the January 1st reference should refer to 2097. The idea is that the Weird West is about to turn into 1879--we're just behind on the schedule due to the Dodge and Great Weird North debacles so you haven't *seen* it.

Thanks!

Shane