Re: [DL] Getting a player dead

> The first bit of advice I would offer would be to make certain you don't
> descend into a PC v  DM type of mentality.  This is not the same thing as
> challenging a player, which I suspect you are trying to do, but the slope
> can be a slippery one.

Ah, yes the slope is a slippery one. Since no one around here knows much
about me, it was a safe assumption to make that I might cross that line.

I just want to tell some good tales. And I want to be fair about it. I don't
want to totaly stack the deck in my favor. I'm not above some underhanded
tricks, but I don't want to over use them.

<Snip good ideas of temptation>

I'll chew on these. Got my noggin' going now... The vanity/pride is a really
good one.

> I'm not big on the idea of smacking a player down because he has become
> effective or good at what he does.  The challenge for any Marshall with
such
> a player is to find a way separate from the mechanics to challenge the
> player.  Good luck with your attempts.

I'm not looking at smacking him down, maybe smacking him around, but not
down. I'm looking at finding ways to provide conflict and challenge for him
with out having to single him out or invalidate the rest of the posse. As it
stands, he makes using any of the normal deadlands critters difficult. Your
temptation ideas got the evil juices flowin' though.