Re: [DL] Gettting a player dead

On Friday, April 19, 2002, at 05:04  PM, Ben Rasmussen wrote:
>> However, this player
>> sounds astute - a good player, roleplaying well (I'd assume, right?)
>> and
>> being good at what he does.
>>
>> Why punish him?
>
> I'm not looking to punish him. But that damned blessed is
> night-invulnerable
> and not scared of anything. I'm looking to find a few angles to use to
> put
> the fear of god (hehehe) back in him.

I think the ideas I've seen here about using tools like the church
hierarchy could be important. For a true Catholic blessed, not obeying
the church would be a crisis of faith type event possibly.

> Horror loses it's touch when you got a Catholic superhero running
> roughshod
> over your evil minons and forces of evil.

Blessed can be powerful, and they escape most of the witchcraft-hunting
problems that plague Hucksters and other arcane backgrounds. However, i
think anyone showing off with the more obvious miracles (healing a
massive wound or anything with pyrotechnics for example) would draw
attention in a different fashion... Crowds of people who think the
blessed is a saint or prophet...

Oh, for fun my posse has a Blood Mage as a potential temp character. Now
that's an AB that's liekly to draw some attention just walking around!

--
Brett

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER
MAN? (Reaper Man, Terry Pratchett)