[DL] Re: Night Train

> > Just finished the first session of Night Train. Everything went well.
> > Interacting with the town and their issues. Then the trouble starts, it
>was
> > set up great. The posse was at one end of town chasing the noise as
> > everything started. Now my question is how deadly is this adventure
>supposed
> > to be? I'm not one to just kill characters but my group is pretty big so
> > don't pull any punches. My group was dropping the baddies left and
>right.
> > think all together they took 4 wounds through the night. I swarmed them
>with
> > 10+ and my guys just weren't hitting. What experience have you all had
>with
> > this adventure and what tactics were used? Thanks all.
>
>I've got a large posse too, and definitely didn't pull any punches either.
>However, nosferatu just don't hit well.  That said, they have some great
>immunities, so while I didn't do a whole lot of destruction (except for the
>Curious Reporter, he wandered off to investigate and got himself killed.),
>the posse had a hard time putting the baddies down too.  I decided that the
>nosferatu would take whatever wounds were caused by gun fire as a stun
>check.  And the buggers have a low (for my dice) vigor, so they'd take a
>crit to the chest and then lie there and twitch until I could get my d10's
>to roll well.  One PC had a sword, so he had to run around town and behead
>the critters that the other PC's stunned.  Once they figured out that
>beheading worked, that is.
>
>The posse did decide to destroy the Night Train itself.  See previous posts
>about Kewl Death Quotes for the exploding train (with posse members
>aboard).
>
>Jeff Y.
>Marshal For the Dynamite Gang

Thanks for the tip. I will use that stun check next night when they board
the train. They are immune to quite a lot. This has cause confusion among
the posse. If enough wounds are caused, Maimed, to the head then I'll
warrant a death. If not then they were stunned. If a magic attack hits the
gizzards and warrants enough damage then death. So we had posse shooting
them in the head, and some dying and some not. They still don't know why. On
the plus side, the mad scientist, with bad eyesight, saw them heading back
to the train. Threw two sticks of dynamite into the swarm. He didn't even
bother to ask a description or check for posse members. There weren't any
players but there were most of the town folks. Afterwards he asks me, "How
many of them did I get?" "Monsters? none. Town%20folks, all, really nailed
'em."
Also, that night, the huckster backlashed, rolled the total corruption and
then rolled a contest of Spirit ... and cheated at the roll. I didn't say
anything then, but man I'm going to nail him next session. Once he boards
the train... "...like a marshal scorned." and all.