Re: [DL] Gettting a player dead

Dans un courrier daté du 21/04/02 20:21:44 Paris, Madrid (heure d'été),
johntfs1@yahoo.com a écrit :

> >>Oh yeah? An apocryph gospel mentions the Apostles looking at a farmer
>  working while the sabbat. Of course, they pointed him to Jesus, claiming
how

>  great a sin it was. And Jesus said (of course i dont have the exact quote,
>  but that's the spirit) "If he knows what he's doing, he's in no danger. If
> he
>  doesn't know, he's lost."<<
>
>  One: By your own admission, it's an Apochyphal (ie, not accepted as
Biblical
> canon) gospel.  Two: Within the canonized gospel, the Pharisees criticize
> Jesus for healing (and thus working) on the Sabbath and are rebuked.
Three:
> Deadlands ain't a theology course.  It's a GAME.  With rules.  That must be
> fair within the spirit of the game.
    One: not accepted as canon, but apen to study
    Two: Exactly my point. i do think that He knew what He was doing.
    Three: I agree 100%. Just thought i could say a little more than "it's
not my point of view" and explain why. i don't usually roll dice when
discussing spiritual matters. Neither do i call for penitence while gaming.

>  >>So, God won't care if your Blessed sincerely (or else) thought the
humans
>  were monsters. That is petty excuses for miscreants. Your Blessed was to
> KNOW
>  they were human.<<
>
>  Sorry, but no.  The Blessed are the servants of God (or Whatever).  They
> aren't gods themselves (however self-righteous some of them might seem).  "
> God" understands the difference between a sin and a mistake based on
> inaccurate information.  A Sin is a deliberate or thoughtless violation of
> the tenets of a Blessed's faith.  An honest mistake is not.
    That is where we disagree. But well, since we'll NEVER, EVER be marshalls
together, it's not just a great issue.
    And by the way, i fail to see why knowing the monsters were in fact
disguised humans would require to be a God. Isn't some investigation welcome
before shootin' everything around?

>  A "real life" example: A co-worker of yours, Janine, is leaving and you
> notice that she's forgotten her newly filled prescription medication.  You
> grab it and get it to her before she leaves.  Later on, Janine takes them
and
> dies (there pharmacy folks messed up and gave her something else).  Do you
go
> to jail murder?  After all, you're the one who gave her the pills.  Was it
> your responsibility to do a chemical analysis of the pills to make certain
> that they were what it said they were on the bottle?  No, it wasn't.  Sure,
> you might feel bad about the situation, but you didn't actually break the
law.

    I didn't break the law. However, in taht case, i do think a little chat
with Him would be necessary.

>  Same deal with the Blessed.  The rules they follow might be stricter than
> those followed by others in the game, but breaking them still requires
> knowledge and intent.
    If that was so simple, I think there would be more Blessed.
    But the point isn't to prove oneself (you or me) right. As far as DL is
concerned, we're probably both right. I just gave my point of view as a
possible help. Anyone who doesn't agree is welcome to throw it into Trash. As
you said, it's just a game.