Re: d20 Initiative (was [DL] Re: [WW] Re: Systems [Veering

> >>Why not just delay until after the minotaurs went, then cast?<<
>
> Because the minotaurs went first. He could have Readied the spell, but had
> he done so, he'd be stuck if they chose to do something other than come
> into his range. Also, Refocus allowed him to become part of the group. That
> is, his initiative was in the range of other player's - meaning they could
> (probably) work together without interference.

Huh?

So what you are saying is that after the minotaurs went, on the mage's
action they were still out of range.
So he sacrificed his action to gain an action before the minotaurs went. .
.
Yet since he was going before the minotaurs they wouldn't have had the
chance to move any closer so they would still be out of range. . .

Let me guess. . . you argued for the Refocus rule when you were
playtesting D20 didn't you?