Re: d20 Initiative (was [DL] Re: [WW] Re: Systems [Veering OT]) SHANE

In a message dated 4/24/02 3:16:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time, cblack@ohtinc.com writes:

Look at your example.  You specifically choose the person with the higher initiative to get the first hit in, and then said each hit or missed equally every action after that.

Yes, I agree.  The example was meant to show that all things being equal and all rolls in a given round being equal, the higher initiative wins.  In the modified example, the rolls are not equal per round.  I understand that the odds are even that if equal rolls were to happen, that they could start synchronizing between one character half way through the round and the other character in the next round as you mention.  Than the outcome would be different.  However, if they always hit, the higher initiative will always win, everything being equal in the rolls.  So, I still think initiative helps a lot.  That said, I would love to see someone put forth a good card system that I could try with my D20 group until I can get them to switch to either Deadlands Classic or even the D100 system I usually use.  How would improved initiative be handled in a card replacement system for D20's rules?  Would it enable the person to exchange the card for one higher in face value?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Best,

Tom