[DL] More Lone Star stuff

Just got my copy too.  At first, I was doubtful; looked like a lot of
previously seen stuff, but once I started reading it & noticed that a lot of
it was 'secret' stuff for players, & the fact that a good portion of it was
wrong, yeah, I liked the whole concept.  Noticed a few typo errors.  The
most glaring is reading the cities where the Rangers are stationed.
Somewhere, there is a place where it talks about some city, then you read,
"Atlanta, Georgia, Here in Atlanta, blah, blah, blah...." And it took me a
while to figure out that "Atlanta, Georgia" was supposed to be a new heading
instead of part of the previous write up.  You'll find it on Pg. 26, as part
of the Montgomery write up.

One thing I wanted to kibbitz a little about.  Well, maybe two things.  We
now have the LeMat Undertaker which is basically a magnum sized LeMat.  I'm
wondering if it would have been too much to increase the die TYPE instead of
adding an extra die.  Yeah, Shane broke down handguns into die types for a
purpose, but just think for a second.  In Fallout, you have the chance of
finding a sawed off .223 hunting rifle which is basically a oversized
pistol.  Could you imagine a handgun that instead did 3D8?  Just to make
sure not everyone is running around with this oversized shooter, just claim
that they are made only for Rangers & the player MUST have a Strength of D10
or so.  Ah, just a thought.  My main reason for bringing this up is the
LeMat does normally 2D6, & with the magnum rounds, that brings it up to 3D6.
That's nice, but the Colts do 3D6 already.  Plus, if you have it reinforced
& loaded with magnum rounds from the Collegium, then you're looking at 4D6.
I may use this idea as a house rule just to make that Undertaker a real
force to be reckoned with.

Also, what's up with renaming the hexslinger hexes?

Jeff S

PS Mr. McGlothlin, I know it sounds like I'm down on your book here, but I
did like it.  Just that I tend to focus more on the down sides than the up
sides.  Guess I'm a "Glass Half Empty" kind of guy....