Re: [DL] Message for Clint

--- Jeff Shoffner <shoffner@usit.net> wrote:
> >Two questions:
> >
> >What are all his hindrances and edges?
> >
> >You described some, but what all enlightened
> abilities does he have?
> >

> >Clint Black
>

> His Hindrances are "Cup Overflows," "My Kung Fu is
> Superior," Poverty, & All
> Thumbs.  His Edges are; AB: Enlightened, Martial
> Arts Training, Brawny,
> Nerves of Steel.  He also bought that "spider-sense"
> thing during play.
> (Quick Thinker)  With Poverty & "Superior Fu" I tend
> to screw him over.
>
> Everyone else, thanks for the ideas, but I've had
> several ideas from folks
> previously & I just wanted Clint's thoughts as I
> don't think he was here
> then.  I will say to those who suggested taking out
> the fighting, that
> indeed, that does work (we had one adventure where
> he just sat there & did
> nothing except stare menacingly at people), but it
> is no fun for the player.
> I just want to challenge him, not build a wall
> between him & the Marshal.

I notice that you said "All Thumbs" was on his sheet
and that he has the Quick Thinker edge.  Cool: How
about a bomb/deathtrap?  Picture this:

The party's going through the bad guy's lair when a
trap activates.  Due to his fu/spider-sense, the monk
evades the trap, but some of the party (especially
it's techie person) is caught.  Making matters worse
is deadly mad science device (gas bomb, frag bomb,
death-ray, whatever) that will kill the trapped folks
unless it's disarmed.  Alas, the monk is the only one
who can get to it to disarm it.  The mad scientist
fellow can try to talk him through the disarming
process (good time for English/Chinese language rolls)
such that the monk can effectively use the scientist's
Demolitions skill (at minuses, including, of course,
All Thumbs).

So, what does Tao do?  Does he flee the area,
attempting to save himself at the cost of his friends?
 Or does he try to save them by doing something he's
not good at, perhaps sacrificing himself in the
process?

Set up right, you can build some pretty nerve-racking
suspence and cool roleplaying around this scenario.