RE: [DL] Campaign Post (Very Long)

Perhaps my choice of words wasn't so hot.  (And I apologize for not snipping
the long original post to a reasonable size.)  But a posse that is feeling
the horror you want to build should look at you sideways an awful lot.  It
all starts innocently enough, but then you'll describe some simple thing as
"wiggling", and they'll look at you askance.  "Wiggling???" Is it a
perfectly normal thing, wiggling for no malevolent reason, or is it a
perfectly normal thing that I'm using as a distraction from the evil thing
behind the curtain, or is it the evil thing itself and I'm describing it as
"wiggling" to make it seem innocent?  I like to think I am fair in my
Marshaling.  I actually don't like killing off characters (do it too much
and it's a pain to keep continuing story lines going... among other
problems).  I have killed a couple in several years of telling yarns
however, to keep it "real."  But only for story driven moments, or if the
player does something monumentally stupid or otherwise forces my hand.
(Never charge the werewolf!  Never throw dynamite in the firebox of a steam
locomotive!  Maybe 3 characters by my hand in 3 years of playing.)

Or maybe this is shorter -- I've scared my posse, and you've got to trust
the Marshal to be fair, or it's not scary.  Yeah, "mistrust" was the wrong
word.  But "scared" and "mind-gamed" seem synonymous enough.  There's this
wonderful look on a posse's collective face -- they really want to glance
over their shoulder, but it's all coming from my side of the screen, so _I_
get to see this look in their eyes.  It makes an Evil (not quite EVIL, but I
try) Marshal smile.

Jeff Y.
Marshal for the Dynamite Gang