Re: [DL] My thoughts on Lone Stars...

wait a minute.. you have to take the hinderance and buy the edge, and
therefore use up half your points of both edge and hinderance and then buy
the edge belognings? that only leaves you with 2 points at the most, for
other edges?

that's not how i read it...

on page 69, paragraph 1 under the headin 'boot camp', the last sentence
says;

"they must purchase the 3-point edge belogin's (ranger gear) to get their
lone star badge, gray duster (not black -  that's the other guys) and copy
of the ranger's bible (standard edition),

[emphesis added]

AND FOR FREE THEY RECEIVE THE EDGE LAWMAN 5, SINCE IT'S BALANCED OUT BY
THEIR NEW REQUIRED HINDERANCE OBLIGATION 5 (RANGER DUTIES).

so.. if you have to take the hinderance, and it counts against your 10
points, but because of it u get the lawman 5 edge for free? so your gain 5
points to lose them again? so becuaase u wanna be a ranger, under the new
rules, u can really only take 5 points of hinderances, at the most, and a
minimum of 3; just to pay for the required belongins edge, and only 2 more
points of edges?

so there are no luck o' the irish rangers, or anything with more than a 2
point edge?????

 i read it as, since u are talking both of these, and are gonna be a ranger,
and follow all the rest of the rules, and not use any of the prohibited
hinderances, they don't count agains your max possible 10 points of
hinderances and edges.. just the 3 point belongin's edge couts against your
10.. leaving you with a max of 7 on other edges.

>1) It says that if you pass Ranger requirements during play, you get
>Lawman 5 and Obligation -5 for free, only having to pay for the belongin's
>(Ranger Gear) edge. During character creation, do you still have to buy
>these (i.e. does Obligation -5 count toward the 10-pt hindrance maximum)?

         I would think if you are creating a character who's already a
Ranger from scratch, the Obligation -5 should count toward the 10-pt.
maximum as usual.