Re: [DL] (slightly OT)How to make any roleplayer angry.

You just now saw this thing?  Young whippersnappers these days, no knowledge of
history. . .

Jack Chick has been around since the hoary old days of gaming, when RPGs were
even less generally understood.  Even back then this this was so ludicrous that
only the most brainwashed took it seriously.  This is the 70's version of web
publishing.  Any kook with a printing press can get his opinion out there and
somehow, because it's in print, some people take it seriously.

Basically it's harmless.  Or rather I should say it's only harmful if people
give it more credit than it's due.

We still have a copy of this particular tract somewhere around the gaming room.
 We keep it for old times sake.  We stopped trying to mock it - nothing we said
came close to what the author said about himself.

> Here's an article written by some idiot on how roleplaying games,
> specifically D&D, corrupt us and turn us evil.
> http://www.chick.com/articles/dnd.asp
> now, upon reading it, i have grasped a few key points.
> 1.The author is an idiot.  In later articles he says that this is a personal
> attack and has nothing to do with the article.  This is untrue.  If an idiot
> writes an article, it will be idiotic.
> 2.Everyone in the world is christian, or should be.  Ehh, keep your own
> religion.  I don't care what it is, but he's bigoted against everything.
> 3.This is the best part..he thinks that if you play D&D or any fantasy game,
> you can actually learn to use REAL MAGIC!  i mean summon demons, lob
> fireballs, whatever you want!
>
> note that every reference he uses is also a chick publication.
>
> anyways, this goes along with a horribly uninformed piece of tripe tract,
> which you can read in its entirety at:
> http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp
> and just for fun, i re-worded it.
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/wraith530/dorkdung.jpg