Re: [DL] Mad Scientst Gear

--- "Richard P Willis (rr)" <rwillis@pobox.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know anything in the mail rules or
> source book about a 'lab in a bag' for mad
> scientists? As I recall, it speeds construction of
> items without having to lug a waggon lab around. If
> someone could tell me where this might be found, I'd

> appreciate it. Thanks!
>
>  -Richard

I haven't seen this question fully answered, but my
email is lagging to I apologize if this is redundant.

The labs are listed in Smith & Robards.  The basic
carpet-bag sized kit costs $100.  Unless a scientist
has at least this level of equipment, all their hands
for creating a blueprint are minus one card, which
means you need at least a raise to create a full
five-card hand.  The wagon sized lab ($500) adds a +3
to the blueprint creation roll, and the loft sized lab
($2,000) adds a +5 to the blueprint creation roll.

At least, that's how we do it.  If I remember
correctly, these rules are listed in the Alchemy
section, and don't say whether or not they apply to
all of mad science or just alchemy in specific.

Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Captain Sydney Mallory