Re: [DL] re: couple of things (slightly OT)

> On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 12:42:01AM -0500, David R Goecke said:
> > (who would want to build upo an army of GRW minis if its not the
> > winning company. That's 5 companies no one would want to play).
>
>  Yeah, just like the way historical wargamers hate playing the
> Confederates.
>
>  :>)
>
>  Wishkah

I'm a Civil War re-enactor. I do confederate re-eneacting and I'm in
Wisconsin. I just like being the underdog and tell people that slavery
wasn't the only thing the war was about.

I've noticed while re-enacting and most re-eneactors I've talked with
agree. Go to a  re-enactment in the north. The Confederate re-enactors
are accurate in their portayal, polite to tourists, and and "die" during
battles. The union is inaccurate, rude, and never suffers a casualty. Go
to a re-enactment in the south and you'll find the exact opposite. The
Unionre-enactors are accurate in their portayal, polite to tourists, and
and "die" during battles. The Confederacy is inaccurate, rude, and never
suffers a casualty. So, the ideal re-enactment would be held in the
central US with southerners portraying the union and northerners
portraying the confederacy.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.