Re: [DL] re: couple of things (slightly OT)

> I'm a Civil War re-enactor. I do confederate re-eneacting and I'm in
> Wisconsin. I just like being the underdog and tell people that slavery
> wasn't the only thing the war was about.

In our PC world that will get you killed :) I'm a northerner and I support
the right for southerners to display the Confederate Flag. It does not stand
for slavery, and it's unfortunate that the south supported slavery because
now that's all they are remembered for.

> I've noticed while re-enacting and most re-eneactors I've talked with
> agree. Go to a  re-enactment in the north. The Confederate re-enactors
> are accurate in their portayal, polite to tourists, and and "die" during
> battles. The union is inaccurate, rude, and never suffers a casualty. Go
> to a re-enactment in the south and you'll find the exact opposite. The
> Unionre-enactors are accurate in their portayal, polite to tourists, and
> and "die" during battles. The Confederacy is inaccurate, rude, and never
> suffers a casualty. So, the ideal re-enactment would be held in the
> central US with southerners portraying the union and northerners
> portraying the confederacy.

As silly is that is, it makes perfect sense.

Talison
--

"I'm the man of the hour, the man with the power, too sweet to be sour."

"Superstar" Billy Graham