Re: Re-enactments (was [DL] re: couple of things (slightly OT))

| I've noticed while re-enacting and most re-eneactors I've talked with
| agree. Go to a  re-enactment in the north. The Confederate re-enactors
| are accurate in their portayal, polite to tourists, and and "die" during
| battles. The union is inaccurate, rude, and never suffers a casualty. Go
| to a re-enactment in the south and you'll find the exact opposite. The
| Unionre-enactors are accurate in their portayal, polite to tourists, and
| and "die" during battles. The Confederacy is inaccurate, rude, and never
| suffers a casualty. So, the ideal re-enactment would be held in the
| central US with southerners portraying the union and northerners
| portraying the confederacy.

I haven't noticed that to be the case over here on the east coast. I've
found more often than not that there are particular units on both sides from
both north and south that just refuse to take hits. This is from my personal
experience anyway.

I think that all of the re-enactors on the list should get together at one
of the larger events this year (Antietam perhaps?). I know that this has
been brought up before, but as far as I know nothing has ever come of it.
But then I also just recently re-joined the list after a rather extended
vacation, so I may have missed it...

Trooper E. Young
1st Massachusetts Cavalry
Company B