Re: [DL] Hucksters

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthew S Pulido" <talison@netnitco.net>
> This talk of whether Hucksters are effective or not has me thinking. I
think
> they are very effective, but the Huckster in my posse rarely does much. He
> has admitted that he is flat out scared of the backlash table. It makes me
> wonder why he wanted to be a Huckster.
>
> So, in my opinion, Hucksters are very effective as long as they put
> themselves at risk. But that goes for every character in this game, don't
> it?
>
> What do you think? How do other Huckster players deal with this?

So far, the way I've seen 'em played effectively, and I would play one, is
low keyed. Don't just do the huckster schtick. Have something else going for
ya. Rely on that 75% percent of the time. Never depend on your Hexes alone,
they're too fickle. Also never over use them. You'll end up dead either
through your own hexes because they work too well or not well enough or the
posse will hang you themselves for a varriety of reasons.

I'd say only go for the Mojo at the most important of times, but Hexes are a
slippery thing and they love to fail at the most inoppertune time. If you
rely on your hexes, have a back up. Or use 'em as a hail marry play, but
don't be disapointed when they fail to deliver.

Like a true poker player, a Huckster has to know when to hold 'em and know
when to fold 'em.

--
"Going to war over religion is like fighting over who has the better
imaginary friend."  - - Richard Jeni