Re: [DL] Hucksters

> So far, the way I've seen 'em played effectively,
> and I would play one, is
> low keyed. Don't just do the huckster schtick. Have
> something else going for
> ya. Rely on that 75% percent of the time. Never
> depend on your Hexes alone,
> they're too fickle. Also never over use them. You'll
> end up dead either
> through your own hexes because they work too well or
> not well enough or the
> posse will hang you themselves for a varriety of
> reasons.

That's why when I was about I always had my lovable
personality. Plus I had the whole brains thing going
for me. I was the person that would figure the things
out and tell the gunslingers and Grove (inadvertantly
almost a Buffy style character), then lob a couple of
artilery spells from behind a gunslinger. (just like
the basis for my character would have done....if you
hadn't figured him out he was a mutated form of Rupert
Giles from Buffy.)

> I'd say only go for the Mojo at the most important
> of times, but Hexes are a
> slippery thing and they love to fail at the most
> inoppertune time. If you
> rely on your hexes, have a back up. Or use 'em as a
> hail marry play, but
> don't be disapointed when they fail to deliver.

Hexes never did as well as I'd have liked when I
critically needed them. That is true.

> Like a true poker player, a Huckster has to know
> when to hold 'em and know
> when to fold 'em.

Umm, Ben I believe you never did mention the know when
to Scream and run part....oh wait that was just my
little addition to the song. Nevermind.

Rupert