Re: [DL] Hucksters

> From: "Matthew S Pulido" <talison@netnitco.net>
> > This talk of whether Hucksters are effective or
not has me thinking. I
> > think they are very effective, but the Huckster
in my posse rarely does much. He
> > has admitted that he is flat out scared of the
backlash table. It makes me
> > wonder why he wanted to be a Huckster.
> >
> > So, in my opinion, Hucksters are very effective
as long as they put
> > themselves at risk. But that goes for every
character in this game, don't
> > it?

Ø	> What do you think? How do other Huckster
players deal with this?

To me the whole backlash thing is the best part of
playing a huckster, like mad science a huckster is
pushing the edges of what is supposibly possible and
takes a risk every time he does so, this gives the
huckster a uniqe feel compaired to a normal
spellchucker. Also the magic of hucksterism is the
quick and dirty version, it&#8217;s risky cause you do it
quick enough to get some use out of it while you are
in a risky situation, that&#8217;s why all hucksters are
gamblers.

Makes me wonder if its possible to do a slow and
boring version of hucksterism, say visualizing
playing solitaire for two hours to gather enough
magic from the hunting ground to cast a hex with a
pair of jacks.