[DL] Need a bit of DL critter and background info!

I'm working up an adventure for my posse and I need just a bit of info
regarding some of the critters of the weird west. I'm pretty possitive the
info I seek is in RVC 1 or 2, but I'm a poor marshal, and I just bought me a
bundle of books and I'm really loath to shell out for another book so soon.

I'm not looking for full stats or anything of that nature, more like the
general DL twists that have been put on the critters. Any comments would be
most appreciated. I'll even post the adventure if folks want.

And now, since my posse likes to read this list...

SPOILERS!!!!

Okay, I need info on the Deadland take on Vampires. What are the typical DL
weaknesses and means of killing them. What sort of supernatural powers a
Vampire would have.

How can someone become one. Yes I know, get bit, but I mean beyond that.
Does RVC mention anything about the first vampires? Typical sell your soul
type deal by any chance?

Any idea how 'old' a vampire can be? The seconds on when the Old ones seal
the reckoners is really vague as far as time goes. Would it be possible to
have a Vampire from the 10th century? I'm going with yes, but is there any
explaination why?

I know I could just go out on my own, and I probably will, but I like using
cannon stuff to start with.

Also, any DL info on Black River and the battle of the Cauldron as well as
the Battle of the Crater would be most usefull. Especially the dates of
these battles.

I've just gotten Black Circle and it mentions these as well as the Union
Blue temporary treaty. I'd like to fit this adventure in the timeline as
seamlessly as possible. I"m currently in mid 1776, and I know I"m not going
to have any conflict, but I'd like to have a sketchy timeline of events.

Any extra info on the Black River and Union Blue relationship would be
helpfull also. I've got most the basic info in the Marshals Handbook/Q&D,
Black Circle, but nothing beyond that.

--
"Going to war over religion is like fighting over who has the better
imaginary friend."  - - Richard Jeni