Re: [DL] Need a bit of DL critter and background info!

Spoiler space

> Also, any DL info on Black River and the battle of the Cauldron as well as
> the Battle of the Crater would be most usefull. Especially the dates of
> these battles.

As it happens, I just ran one of my posses through the Battle of the
Cauldron a week ago, and did a major skim-through to all of my DL books.

The whole shebang starts at the end september 1877, although some of the
books conflict on this one. It can also pe interpreted to begin in 1876,
but that just doesn't feel too believable, plus it's not mentioned in the
Tombstone epitaph '76 edition.  The battle lasts for about a month,
finally dying down at the end of october.  There's a whole bunch of info
on it in the books, even though it's pretty badly scattered.  The best bit
on it can be found in Tales o' terror.

Same goes with the Crater, but I'm sadly unable to remember the exact
dates on that one.

If you don't own ToT1877, I strongly recommend it. It's got data on all of
the things you asked about.

---Hulkin' Finn