Re: [DL] Need a bit of DL critter and background info!

on 6/21/02 4:06 PM, Ben Rasmussen at Nyddoybdyle@hotmail.com wrote:

> I'm working up an adventure for my posse and I need just a bit of info
> regarding some of the critters of the weird west. I'm pretty possitive the
> info I seek is in RVC 1 or 2, but I'm a poor marshal, and I just bought me a
> bundle of books and I'm really loath to shell out for another book so soon.
>
> I'm not looking for full stats or anything of that nature, more like the
> general DL twists that have been put on the critters. Any comments would be
> most appreciated. I'll even post the adventure if folks want.
>
> And now, since my posse likes to read this list...
>

> SPOILERS!!!!

> Okay, I need info on the Deadland take on Vampires. What are the typical DL
> weaknesses and means of killing them. What sort of supernatural powers a
> Vampire would have.

Well, they have stats for traditional Vampires of Legend as well as the
standard (and quite powerful) Cinematic Vampire, which is your classic movie
Vampire.

> How can someone become one. Yes I know, get bit, but I mean beyond that.
> Does RVC mention anything about the first vampires? Typical sell your soul
> type deal by any chance?

Other than bites I don't know.

> Any idea how 'old' a vampire can be? The seconds on when the Old ones seal
> the reckoners is really vague as far as time goes. Would it be possible to
> have a Vampire from the 10th century? I'm going with yes, but is there any
> explaination why?

I don't think Vampires directly serve the Reckoners. They have stats for
Dracula. He's been alive since he was Vlad the Impaler and he specifically
doesn't serve the Reckoners.

Talison
--

"Somedays you just can't get rid of a bomb."

Batman