[DL] House Rules: Fate Chips (looking for opinions)

I'm thinking of instituting a house rule that my
players can only spend one chip to negate one wound.
That is, if a gun man shoots a PC twice and inflicts 1
wound level with the first bullet and 5 wound levels
with the second bullet, the player may only spend one
chip for each of those bullets. Presumably a white for
the first, and something else for the second bullet.

Basically, I'm getting tired of my players hoarding
their chips and never taking wounds. I had one player
who spent his chips to neagte every single wound he
ever received, he never got any bounty and once he ran
out of chips he would avoid combat altogether.

what are your thoughts oh great and wise DL community?
-doc