Re: [DL] Blessed Hucksters

--- Matthew S Pulido <talison@netnitco.net> wrote:
> on 7/5/02 8:27 AM, Fred Jandt at fajandt@yahoo.com
> wrote:
>
> > --- Janne Matti Oskari Vuorenmaa
> <jvuorenm@cc.hut.fi>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Not for the player types out there, mind you!
> >>

> >> You player types don't read that good, do ya?
> Shoo!
> >>

> >> I now have a posse member asking if his blessed
> can
> >> become a huckster.
> >>
> >> His argument was, that God might help him to get
> >> the hunting grounds in
> >> order to continue the battle there and that in
> his
> >> case the harnessing of
> >> the manitous power would be not as much tricking
> the
> >> evil manitous, but
> >> shepherding the benign ones.
> >>
> >> All of this started, when the posse's huckster
> >> started to share his theory
> >> on the occult.
> >>
> >> I'm about to deny the AB: Huckster from the
> blessed,
> >> mostly because my
> >> notion of the blessed does not sit well with
> >> hucksterism -- God's (whether
> >> or not being the christian omnipotent one or a
> >> reckoner among the others)
> >> warriors should be able to fight the good fight
> with
> >> the powers He gives
> >> them without the need for the aid of lesser
> spirits.
> >> I was planning on
> >> telling him (the player of the char) that the
> idea
> >> does not sit well with
> >> his character and its beliefs and explain my
> notion
> >> with some extra spices
> >> to a) avoid exposing anything and b) inserting a
> bit
> >> of paranoia towards
> >> the huckster.
> >>
> >> Whaddya think? Disagree? Why? Why not?
> >>
> >> Oh, I must add: The player in question is
> definitely
> >> NOT a power gamer nor
> >> a munchkin. After the conversation with the
> >> Huckster, that idea is not
> >> pushing it, IMO. Just that he really doesn't know
> >> all that much about
> >> hucksterism. Or my views on it.
> >>

> >> ----Hulkin' Finn
> >
> > Also, I would think any blessed who starts
> > investigating hexes would soon find their blessed
> > abilities starting to diminish as their ability to
> > throw hexes increased. They may not see a
> difference
> > in their eyes, but their power is definitely
> coming
> > from different sources.
>
> Not to argue your answer (cause I agree with it) but
> don't their powers
> technically come from the same source? On page
> 102-103 of "Fire and
> Brimstone" it says that the miracles come from the
> hunting grounds. It's
> simply a matter of who is bestowing the power on the
> caster, but it's the
> [...]

Ummm...confusing post ;) but I think I know where you
are coming from. Okay, sure the power comes from the
same source, but the Powers That Be for blessed make
it cleaner and easier to use. Start ticking them off
and you are going to be dealing with manitous more.
Like a huckster.

Fred J.

=====
I've had it up to here. Listening to a small segment of people trying to put down America. America's the greatest land on Earth and we oughta be proud of what we have. I'm proud of America. I'm proud of our people and I'm going to prove it. We're American and damn proud of it!

Dink - Green Mind