Re: [DL] Proposed Hex

I think the mechanics of the cards/actions may need some clarification.
Off the top of my head:

The huckster draws one card from the Action Deck before taking each of the
allowed bonus actions (which are determined by her hand, as written
below). If the Black Joker is drawn, the huckster loses that action, the
hex immediately stops and she suffers backlash.

Now, I might actually consider making this a speed 2 hex, with all of the
huckster's hex-generated actions occurring on the second card. (Which
means that you would actually need as good a hand as a straight to
actually gain actions.) It depends on whether it is too powerful as
written.

Which it very well may be. The ability to shoot someone three or four
times in a row is pretty devastating. Especially if they can't Vamoose,
which they probably couldn't given the flavor of the hex. I would need to
compare it to other hexes to be certain, but the speed 2 adjustment might
bring it into line very nicely.

HTH,

Jason

--- Erick Rummerfield <erickr@pbemadventures.com> wrote:
> Guys, I was looking for feedback on what you all thought of this Hex I
> propose called
>
> Clock Stopper!
> Trait: Spirit
> Hand: Two Pair
> Speed: 1
> Duration: Dependant on hand
> Range: Touch
>
> This hex causes time to slow down to an almost stop around the huckster,
> allowing her the chance to take a few extra actions before the pace of
> time resumes.  The length of time the hex lasts, and exactly how many
> extra actions the huckster gets is determined by the hand she draws, the
> huckster must draw cards for each of the actions she gets, using them in
> order as she would during a normal round; although if the huckster draws
> the black joker, she suffers "lag", losing all her actions and is
> stunned for an additional 1d4 rounds.
>
> The huckster also may not cast any additional hexes while this hex is in
> effect, also anyone who was watching the huckster while this hex is in
> effect would see a blur of movement, as the huckster goes about his
> business.
>

> Two Pair
> 1 Action
>
> Three of a Kind