Re: [DL] chips and (marshalls only)stuff

Reinstalling the spoiler space . . . .

space

space

[insert Star Trek joke here]

--- Brother Bones <brbones1@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I just read brainburners a little bit ago and they
> mentioned that 1 had gotten away from the unity, I
> also seem to remember a part that said the survivor
> had died later (I assumed it was a teaser and would be
> expanded upon in LC).
>
> --- Doplegnger@aol.com wrote:
> > also, on the off chance anyone on this list knows
> > (nobody did on the hoe
> > list).   in brainburners it is said that one of the
> > unforgotten 15 survived.
> >  all 15 of them are the final boss in the unity.
> > was this plot twist
> > dropped, or was the one "survivor" the brain glom,
> > or did someone go back to
> > the unity to make the glom and become the fifteenth
> > head?   also, comsat said
> > it heard survivors screaming on the unity, but there
> > are no survivors on the
> > unity.   another dropped story line or is there a
> > unity part two when we find
> > out biren went to the unity to kill all the
> > survivors and create the brain
> > glom (with the help of a syker he brought with him),
> > and the one survivng
> > syker is the one who goes after biren, and he needs
> > the posses help.

As I understand things, Shane said that he really just miscounted with the
glom at the end of the Unity. If you ask me, marshals should adjust
accordingly if they want that lone Syker running around doing the things
it has been suggested that Syker might do. I don't recall if there was
going to be an official correction or not.

> > finally, any other marshalls have any trouble with
> > posses going public with
> > hard evidence about the reckoning (like jackie's
> > journal level hard
> > evidence).   I can see it coming and I'm debating
> > about how to head it off
> > and thought some extra input mightbe helpful
> >
> > thanks for any help with this.

The Agency and the Rangers are your best friends, here, Marshal. Just take
the hard evidence away or have it destroyed before they can go public.
Forcibly, if necessary. Or make sure the posse will be discounted, as
suggested elsewhere. Party members in either the Agency or the Rangers
would be given unconditional orders to turn over something like that
immediately, I would think.

Also, it should be remembered that there are very few ways to truly go
public in this era. Mass media doesn't really exist. No credible newspaper
is going to run stories by wackos from out west. Only the Tombstone
Epitaph has been given to us for things like this, and not too many folks
believe what's in that paper.

Sure, if the posse does manage to go public with something, some folks'll
believe, but probably not enough to matter. Not in a Weird West where
plenty o' crazies are running around babblin' 'bout monsters in the dark.
And the posse should be aware that they might actually raise a fear level
showing around this kind of evidence, not lower it.

My two coins.

Jason