RE: [DL] What do you do with a human-flesh-eating PC?

Reply below...

<SNIP original post and reply.  Very good reply, too -- thanks!>

> Hope this helps,
> Mary
> P.S.  I've never read the Donner adventure, although I love
> studying the Donner party (I live in Reno, NV, so it's a part of
> our local history)  Are the Donners harrowed?  What about the
> rest of the party? And how do they get around the fact that the
> Donner Party happened a good 10 years or more before the
> Reckoning and the campsite was burned to the ground by the
> Californians who didn't want the tragedy to deter folks for
> coming out to California for the gold rush?  Do they even mention
> that...or am I letting my love of history get in the way of my
> love of fantasy?  If that's the case, my bad.

The Donners are actually just dead, in body.  I skimmed some of the
background, and don't think I should let on too much of a yarn in a
published-for-money PEG product, but I feel good about relating some info:
The Donner's and the rest of the group are dead.  Killed by the author of
the guide book they were using to find their way thru the mountain pass...
sorta.  The campsite isn't quite burned, but is described as little more
than remnants.  And as to how it relates to the Reckoning a decade later,
well, that'd be the part I skimmed in my haste to be ready to Marshal, so
I'm not sure/don't remember.  Doesn't explain much of what you were looking
for, does it?

But thanks for the ideas!  I might just have to torture a player or two with
them!

Jeff Y.
Marshal for the Dynamite Gang