Re: [DL] Freeing the Slaves

At 09:19 AM 8/1/2002, jaygilham@adelphia.net wrote:
>Kentucky wasn't a Confederate state though....

         That depends entirely on one's point of view.

>Only a handfull of regiments that fought for the south came from Kentucky.

         I don't know how big your hands are, good sir, but Joseph H.
Crute's definitive _Units of the Confederate States Army_ lists 22
different Kentucky Regiments. One of which, I might add, contained four of
my ancestors.

>I always have to chuckle when I hear Kentuckians and West Virginians
>saying that they are rebels

         Some of them were.

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Educator & Freelance RPG Writer
Member, Academy of Adventure Gaming Arts & Design

"Look upon me! I'll show you the life of the mind!"
--Charlie Meadows (John Goodman), _Barton Fink_