Re: [DL] Alternate History and Slavery

At 02:20 PM 8/1/2002, Nyarlathothep132@aol.com wrote:
>In a much darker Deadlands, it's entirely possible the Reckoners make a
>huge effort to keep Slavery maintained in some way down South. They'd
>probably still need them to fight as soldiers- but perhaps instead of
>promising freedom they promise to not kill their families, or such.
>Realistically, the situation might swiftly break down- but might the
>Reckoners not want a large, brutal, violent slave revolt? Reconstruction
>might be much, much worse than in Our Time Line. Such a game might be
>interesting.

         (Plug Warning!)
         Well, if it's a much, much darker take on The War you're
interested in, you may want to keep an eye out for Blood Feuds: The Weird
War Between the States, one of the upcoming books in the Savage Worlds line.

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Educator & Freelance RPG Writer
Member, Academy of Adventure Gaming Arts & Design

"Look upon me! I'll show you the life of the mind!"
--Charlie Meadows (John Goodman), _Barton Fink_