Re: [DL] Freeing the Slaves

At 10:25 AM 8/2/2002, Mr. Brom Clancy wrote:
>After all, I can't think of anything that would scare
>War of Southern Succesion era southern white people
>more then giveing a bunch of former black slaves guns.

         How about losing The War? That scared them enough to manumit their
slaves (at least partially) in the first place.

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Educator & Freelance RPG Writer
Member, Academy of Adventure Gaming Arts & Design

"Look upon me! I'll show you the life of the mind!"
--Charlie Meadows (John Goodman), _Barton Fink_