Re: [DL] Memorable Adventures

> >Let's expand upon this, what was everyone's most memorable non-official
> >adventure.

(First rule of hanging around gamers.  Never give them an opportunity to
tell you about their 18th level paladin ranger bard monk. . . )

That would HAVE to be the Deadlands game I played in 4 years ago.  I wish
I could remember the GM's name, but he provided me and another player with
Mexican bandits, and there was a Mexican priest, and a couple of estupido
grande gringos.

Ah man.  I couldn't get that damned Mexican accent out of my system for
another week.  Me and the other bandit played off of each other like a
fine tuned vaudville act, alternately having the rest of the table in
stiches or getting angry because our bickering and one-up-manship was
hogging all of the time and GMs attention.

Even when the GM was going on with the scene for the other characters,
this guy and I would just keep going on our own.  "No Pedro, I was de one
who dated Rose and YOU were the one who dated her ugly seester."  I don
theenk so.  I desteenctly remember that I went out with Rose and you ended
up with her seester."

At one point one of the gringos chided our characters for not taking the
situation seriously.  Upon which we both turned on him, eventually coming
to the conclusion that he needs a siesta. . . a siesta and some tequilla,
and we should hook him up with Rose's sister. . .  (or something along
those lines).

But when the priest chided us, without even looking at each other we both
just dropped our heads and meekley said "yes father."  And we were quiet.

For about 12 seconds.  :-)

There was one scene where the Generalissimo type had just killed my
character's buddies, who had just helped us out with some information,
while we were watching from the top of the hill.
The generalissimo didn't like my character.  Probably had something to do
with how my character had previously slept with his wife.  Go figure.
Well - the general is ordering the twenty or so federales to run us down
and kill us, my character will not let the death of his friends go
unavenged.  He stands there and takes aim for a called shot to the
"vitals".  I had to chip off some damage from the attacking federales, and
I had to chip the shot to make the TN, but I made the it.  As I turn to
run I yell back "Don't worry, your wife won't mees them.!"

Damn, but I love the chip system.

Immediately following that the federales corner us in the barn where our
equipment and wagon is. In a perfect cinema scene, my character (who had
the most teamster - 2), crashes the wagon through the barn doors, standing
with reigns in one hand while firing and cocking the rifle with the
other.