Re: [DL] Memorable Adventures

I'm going way back here, but my favorite is definately "Independance Day".  I really like investigation to play an important part in an adventure, and this does it admirably.  The horror aspects are also very great.

SPOILERS

SPOILERS I SAID!!!!

Near the end the party was looking for the butcher, they positioned a sniper on top of the roof of the bar.  The rest of them were together below looking for the butcher.  I had the Butcher on the roof of an adjacent building and the sniper spotted him.  The sniper took careful aim and made a called shot to the butchers head (who didn't know the sniper was there).  He did over 5 wounds and the Butcher dropped right by the buildings sign/facade.  The charecter with the rifle didn't want to jump over to the building to retrieve the body so he went down into the bar and got the groups martial artist who leaped over to the other building.  He went to the body and pulled up a black overcoat and tophat...no Butcher.  The M.A. then turns to the sniper on the other roof and shrugs.  The Sniper see's the butcher stand up behind the M.A. with his scalpel raised high, the moonlight glinting off of it.  Due to a failed guts check he was unable to shout a warning as the scalpel was plunged into the poor M.A.'s back.  That was some truly memorable horror.