[DL] OT rant

"Nothing wrong with a generic core to a system -
Chaosium did this very well. What is less convincing
is a totally generic system like D20 or GURPS that
tries to force all types of game into the same
pattern."

All right, I've had it. I have been patient and now I
am angry.

The above is a load of road apples. I have played a
good number of the D20 games out there and they do NOT
force anything into any pattern, except for doing the
same thing that any game does; make rules that fit the
system. Is HOE just post-apocalyptic roleplaying
forced into the "pattern" of the Deadlands rules? is
this somehow wrong?

Go grind your anti-d20 axe somewhere else. You have
been spending too much time hanging out with the
"intelligentsia" on the Internet who slam D20 just
because it's cool. if you actually tried to play
Deadlands D20 or Sidewinder or Spycraft you might know
what you're talking about.

and if the original Deadlands system is so cool why is
Pinnacle working on an entirely NEW game system?

(I do like the original system, I'm just sick of this
guy's vendetta.)

Dropping to permanent lurk mode.

Allen